Friday, October 31, 2008

Be a blog "Follower" -regular reader of my Blog ! Just click...

Song: "Shout to the Lord!" turn up the sound...and click!
Darlene Zschech - Shout To The Lord

Friends, First off, I need to draw your attention to the "new" feature on my Blog [thanks to Krissy for helping me]. On the right side of the format is an area for visitors to become one of my "followers" --and there by get my latest blog posts zapped right into their own mail box every time I post !

Most everyone is unhappy with the way AOL Journals kicked us out and left us in a quandary to figure things out for ourselves. It has been a royal pain in the neck! Some of us are quicker to catch on to this new operation/ web site. I am JUST an average guy--not a main brain, technical guy, and I depend on my patience, experience and friends to get me over the hump. To them I say THANK YOU!

In my personal case suffering from depression, PTSD, many times I just get in a 'funk', a rut, a sour mood that doesn't help anybody I came in contact with. So I have developed a regimen to jerk myself out of those foul moods, out of the sour "poor me" mentality and mind set. Some may called it a "chill pill" or a new lease on life. Daily contact with the Bible, like reading Psalms, Proverbs, etc will brighten my outlook. Going to church regularly and seeing my true friends [brothers and sisters in Christ] and prayer really helps too. But I seem to get into a 'new kick' [that fires up my heart and soul] like recently getting back into guitar. I just LOVE music-- but now days MOST of it is God-dishonoring trash or Satanic-- but there are still some good, quality, happy songs/ music. Music takes my mind off my own problems and can be used to cheer up myself and others. It also can be used to honor, praise and worship the Lord!

As so many of you fine folks have helped to cheer me up so many times with kind, warm comments on my blog posts and personal emails/ letters -- I want to reciprocate and give back--- return the kindness and joy. This is one of the main reasons for my on-line Journal; I consider it part of my Christian ministry, or sorts, much like going 'door to door' sharing the Good News of God's Kingdom!

As I was listening last night before bed to a Christian radio, WVCY 107.7 FM about 9:10 PM, a soft spoken gentleman was saying that we should all be praying hard concerning the coming presidential election. Regarding prayer the bible tells us that we servants of God should prayer over many matters, but even the 'righteous' won't always get their prayers answered or what they want! God surely knows what is best for us and what is hurtful for us in the long run! Only He knows if the last 'signs of the end times' have all been fulfilled. No matter what WE may think or want - God just plain knows IF the world is ready for JUDGMENT or not ! I surely don't know what is going to happen [obviously, mere human that I am...duh]! But just like Jesus prayed in the garden of Gethsemane before he was betrayed at Mark 14: 36 "And He was saying, Abba! Father! All things are possible for You; remove this cup from Me; yet not what I will, but what YOU will." Yes, we must understand that if the most Liberal 'abortion man' gets elected-- God may be planning to loose His terrible judgment on all mankind after His servants have been preaching far and wide all these years and the Bible news just falls on deaf ears and the world grows more wicked and immoral every day.

I am writing this post not to scare anyone or be a defeatist -- but to prepare my friends, fellow believers and readers of ALL possibilities and the probable out come that must EVENTUALLY come to pass as God Himself warned. We are positively voting for McCain-- but we surely recognize that GOD'S WILL trumps ever thing else in the world of imperfect mankind.

And now to help Sharon clean the house.... Ha!
Become one of my blog 'followers' [regular readers] today-- it's so simple and takes about 5 seconds!

Johnny Cash Song:
Were You There - Johnny Cash

Tom

3 comments:

krissy knox said...

Hi Tom, excellent post as always!

And you're welcome.

I am sad about AOL journals closing down. I just went to my blog to snag a final thing out of my sidebar, and a lump came to my throat, the blog was already gone. Talk about what a last minute person I am. Not totally last minute -- I WAS working hard, I was helping others migrate and fix up their blogs also. I try to help others. So if I didn't get everything done, I won't kick myself, at least I helped others, and got MOST of what I needed from my own blogs...

That's great that you read Scripture daily, I do that also, as well as pray daily. When I say pray, it is important to me to just talk to the Lord about what is going on in my life. It helps immensely.

I also read the Bible for other reasons other than comfort from the Lord, as I am sure you do as well. I read it to see what the Lord is showing me to do. As I read, I ask the Lord how He would like me to change, if there is anything He is showing me from the passages I am reading... Then if there is, I make a determination to do whatever He shows me. it is a good way to read daily Scripture and do devotions. It keeps you on the right path. I am sure you read the Bible the same way most likely Tom, and that I am not telling you anything you don't already know. I am just saying, as you did, that daily reading and staying in the Word helps us keep the proper perspective, and brings us comfort, as well as shows us the path the Lord wants us to take...

Oh, wow, I don't have time to comment anymore, but I just want to say you are so RIGHT on your last part of your entry. Others don't realize that we must accept God's will. We don't always know why something is His will, but we must trust that He KNOWS what is best for us. That I will always be sure of. There is a reason for EVERYTHING that happens... Lord let your will be done, not what I will...

Great post, Tom, Krissy
PS I am one of your followers!

Yasmin said...

Once I adde you blog to my list I became a follower and happy to be.

Happy Halloween

Yasmin
x

If you need help with stuff on blogger check out my help page

http://jlandbloggerhelppage.blogspot.com

Jeannette said...

I have added myself as a follower of your blog. Nice to meet you.