Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Handy New 'Tool' I just found.

Tom's Journal.
http://tomschuckmanjournal.blogspot.com/
tschuckman@aol.com

Please check a wonderful, DEFINED KJV Bible --website: biblefortoday.org



I figure that this new "tool" will help me understand some of the older, archaic words and terms I encounter in the KJV, etc. If the Bible is written in 4th to 5th grade English-- the problem is most likely that modern high school grads 'DON'T UNDERSTAND ENGLISH' ! And I seriously doubt that Mr. Obama can change that cold hard fact. In fact, I honestly think that the country will go backward and down the 'slippery slope', until the Lord Jesus Christ comes, and much sooner than latter. God 'allows' certain people in high places for a reason, and Bible prophecy is being fullfilled right in front of our very eyes faster and faster. For studied Bible students/ real Chrisitans, this is like a super panarama unfolding in spectacular, vivid color right now as we see all the things promised being well defined RIGHT NOW! Obama may well be the "vehicle" that God will use to bring the world to conclusion [especially with his Gay and Abortion fast track agenda!] to the Rapture and then the Great Tribulation, and I surely don't plan nor desire to be "Left Behind." I DO NOT hate Gays and Lesbians nor people who get [or had] abortions. "Never hate the sinner-- Hate the Sin." As a sinner I was condemed to hell forever, but by giving myself to Jesus and accepting Him as my personal Lord and Savior, with a commitment to trying to work on my sins and flaws that displease God, in the mean time. I am promised a place in HEAVEN, and not hell ! For that I am very happy, grateful for this undeserved Grace and Blessing and show my appreciation by studying hard, gaining much biblical knowledge so that I can accurately share this 'Good News of the Gospel' of Jesus Christ with everyone I meet, if possible. That is my chief work and commandment, as are all other Christins according to the Word. BTW, I have found that most average people who become SAVED Christians can come to an accurate knowledge of the Bible in about 6 months so that they feel comfortable in sharing the Gospel, although most people rush off to share this great news with everyone they meet in a few hours... lol. Truth be told, we will never learn everything there is to know about the Bible while on Earth-- but that should NEVER STOP US FROM TELLING OTHERS about the Salvation of God thru Christ! God is behind us and the Holy Spirit puts the right words in our mouths at the right time.
I noticed that a few of my 'blog followers' have dropped off and disappeared... and that's OK too. My on-line Journal was never intended to 'tickle the ears' of the public, but to be a place where true Bible loving Christians could gather,comment and get encouraged. "The Word of God is like a two-edged sword...."~ Hebrews. Christ DID NOT COME BACK TO UNITE-- BUT TO DIVIDE with a sword. [Matt. 10:34]. "And he who does not take his cross and follow after ME is not worthy of ME. [verse 38]." I am an insignificant, raggedy, old, disabled, sinner man-- but the words I quote or expound on from the Bible are precious and life saving. And when I am giving my own, private, personal opinion I try to state that fact and differentiate with note.

Have a great day, because tomorrow will again plunge to below zero temps up here... Woo Woo!! When you are dying of thirst in the hot, humid South-- just remember the cool, refreshing, clean, pure, pristine Northern Wisconsin cool air.

Tom


This is a map of the wheel-ruts of modern English. Etymologies are not definitions; they're explanations of what our words meant and how they sounded 600 or 2,000 years ago.

The dates beside a word indicate the earliest year for which there is a surviving written record of that word (in English, unless otherwise indicated). This should be taken as approximate, especially before about 1700, since a word may have been used in conversation for hundreds of years before it turns up in a manuscript that has had the good fortune to survive the centuries.

The basic sources of this work are Weekley's "An Etymological Dictionary of Modern English," Klein's "A Comprehensive Etymological Dictionary of the English Language," "Oxford English Dictionary" (second edition), "Barnhart Dictionary of Etymology," Holthauzen's "Etymologisches Wörterbuch der Englischen Sprache," Ayto's "20th Century Words," and Chapman's "Dictionary of American Slang." A full list of sources used in this compilation can be found here.

Since this dictionary went up, it has benefited from the suggestions of dozens of people I have never met, from around the world. Tremendous thanks and appreciation to all of you.

No comments: