Friday, May 29, 2009

Eternal Prospectives.

Tom's Journal.
http://tomschuckmanjournal.blogspot.com/
tschuckman@aol.com

Friends, I want to recommend this Blog by an author who has enriched my own life and spirituality: See below, please.

I saw Sharon walking on her own today when I brought her some carnations, etc. I paid off one of her Capital One charge card bills and had her call them to FORCE those crooks to CANCEL that card, and they actually jerked her around and didn't want to do it. They are also very dishonest and let someone else make an unauthorized charge on her card right after I paid it all off!! Sharon handed me the phone and I 'leaned on them' in a mighty way-- I was ticked off. FYI, the Bible says, "Be wrathful-- yet do not sin." We just cannot let immoral, lying dogs walk on us, but take positive action to legally deal with them. Woo Woo!

View the interesting video of how animals chum together, heal and care for each other!

Tom

Eternal Perspectives (Randy Alcorn's blog)
Add to Google

Link to Eternal Perspectives  (Randy <span class=Alcorn's blog)" id="feedimage" style="border: 0pt none ; padding: 0pt 0pt 10px 3px;">

An Unlikely Animal Pair

Posted: 29 May 2009 08:41 AM PDT

People often ask me whether animals will be in Heaven. Their second question is whether they’ll ever see their pets again. To some people, these are merely sentimental questions. To others, they are very important. Children especially want to know the answers. What do we tell them when they ask?

Scripture says a great deal about animals, portraying them as Earth’s second most important inhabitants. God entrusted animals to us, and our relationships with animals are a significant part of our lives.

Isaiah 11:6-9 speaks of a coming glorious era on Earth when “the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them. The cow will feed with the bear, their young will lie down together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox. The infant will play near the hole of the cobra, and the young child put his hand into the viper’s nest. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain, for the earth will be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea.”

Some interpreters contend that this passage speaks only of the Millennium, but Isaiah anticipates an eternal Kingdom of God on Earth. Isaiah 65:17 and 66:22 specifically speak of the New Earth. Sandwiched between them is a reference very similar to that in Isaiah 11: “ ‘The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox. . . . They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain,’ says the Lord” (65:25).

This video of an unlikely animal pair is just a foretaste of that peace to come.



(Click here if you are unable view the video.)


www.randyalcorn.blogspot.com
www.epm.org

1 comment:

Heli gunner Tom said...

Carolyn said:
That was neat Tom- thanks. I'm glad Sharon is walking a bit too! And especially that you've paid off that card- I hope they don't jerk you guys around anymore! God Bless and have a wonderful weekend. And Tom, thank you for your kind words on my blog! I appreciate you so much too!

Carolyn


“Jesus does not say, ‘Come to me, all you who have learned how to concentrate in prayer, whose minds no longer wander, and I will give you rest.’ No, Jesus opens his arms to his needy children and says, ‘Come to me, all who are weary and heaven-laden, and I will give you rest.’

The criteria for coming to Jesus is messiness. Come overwhelmed with life. Come with your wandering mind. Come messy.”

—Paul Miller, A Praying Life