Sunday, May 25, 2014

Prayer Stop's photo.

Tom's Journal. http://tomschuckmanjournal.blogspot.com/

tschuckman@aol.com


Friends,
   I am a sucker for good and great poems!   This one that I just noticed was found in dear Cousin Chad Schuckman [from the great State of Kansas],  FaceBook account, after I noticed a kind and warm comment that he made about my Blog:  TOM' JOURNAL, yesterday.   I have hundreds of first and 2nd cousin out that way, and love them all ---even though they might not ever know that I exist...
I desire to talk to and contact those who have actually made an effort to crack open the Bible.   I can help those good people, to learn more about the Truth of Salvation, how to get it, live it, share it, and PTL !   To this end, I boldly put my address here and ask those fine people to reach out and visit my humble, Christian based Blog, and me, personally.  tschuckman@aol.com  ---my email address.
      Now is not the time to hold back, or to shrink back or be shy !!  Have a great day!

Warm Regards,
Tommy Schuckman



Is YOUR name written in the book of life...........?
A Prayer Stop Poem: "Are You Ready?"
Twas the night before Jesus came and all through the house,
Not a creature was praying, not one in the house.
Their Bibles were lain on the shelf without care,
In hopes that Jesus would not come there....
The children were dressing to crawl into bed,
Not one ever kneeling or bowing a head.
And Mom in her rocker with baby on her lap,
Was watching the Late Show while I took a nap.
When out of the East there arose such a clatter,
I sprang to my feet to see what was the matter.
Away to the window I flew like a flash,
Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash!
When what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But angels proclaiming that Jesus was here.
With a light like the sun sending forth a bright ray,
I knew in a moment this must be THE DAY!
The light of His face made me cover my head,
It was Jesus returning just like He had said.
And though I possessed worldly wisdom and wealth,
I cried when I saw Him in spite of myself.
In the Book of Life which He held in His hand,
Was written the name of every saved man.
He spoke not a word as He searched for my name;
When He said "It's not here" my head hung in shame.
The people whose names had been written with love,
He gathered to take to His Father above.
With those who were ready He rose without a sound,
While all the rest were left standing around.
I fell to my knees, but it was too late,
I had waited too long and thus sealed my fate.
I stood and I cried as they rose out of sight;
Oh, if only I had been ready tonight.
In the words of this poem the meaning is clear,
The coming of Jesus is drawing near.
There's only one life and when comes the last call,
We'll find that the Bible was true after all!
(Author Unknown)
See More
— with Rena Miller and 43 others.
Unlike · ·
  • You and 3 others like this.
  • Tom Schuckman What a beautiful, soul stirring picture and theme! It certainly looks like the Rapture, something I am honestly hoping and praying for. "Take me UP oh Lord, Father God !! I am a slave, a servant of your Son, Jesus Christ, come death or Rapture. Amen."

No comments: