Tuesday, July 1, 2014

In my Father's House...

Tom's Journal. http://tomschuckmanjournal.blogspot.com/

tschuckman@aol.com


Hi Friends!
Glad to be back from the huge Jaws of Death !  There is nothing that I can think of like being transfused [with antibiotics ---Pipermyacin, and Vancomyacin],  day and night for 22 days, and half the Nursing staff and CNA's getting a close look at your Gluteus Maximus on a daily basis....   sorry.   Most of the staff is nice and kind,  but there is always one jerk in the bunch, weather it be a "doctor" or Nurse, that wants to rain on your parade, also take away some important Medications that THEY don't THINK you need !!  In fact, I have heard more than a few people, including valiant, honorable combat Vets speak disparagingly about "doctors" and the Day of Judgment !    With all the other common stresses laying on your heart --- You surely don't need an egotistical, arrogant 'doctor' forcing you to do something that just sounds WRONG.   I was somewhat blessed to have a special, Christian RN helping me to do my own research on different so-called "medicines" to see what kind of possible side effects there were, BEFORE they tried to inject it into my veins.   In fact, I am still worried right NOW that I might be having some serious SIDE EFFECTS.  Also knowing a close friend who was issued the WRONG kind of medication that DID injure his kidneys !!!  

Well, I know this is not what many people want to here now days.... truth be told, or not.   But I make my own email address known to the public, and friends, to answer any questions and help if I can.   I don't feel very long for THIS world, also praying that I can do what ever I can to share the Gospel BEFORE the Rapture... PTL.   One smart thing I did do, was to keep a daily 'Ship's Log'/ Journal of everything that went down while I was in the VAMC [Veterans Administration Medical Center]  Hospital, and also the Pinecrest Nursing Facility, in Powers, MI., which is in the U.P.  where we live.   Sorry to say, that my faith and trust in hospitals and doctors has not be forthcoming one bit.   I certainly suggest a spouse or significant other to act as your "Patient Advocate"  as much as possible !!  Don't swallow anything people tell you unless you have personally checked it out.  The so-called doctors are not little golden gods walking the halls of some institution.... but rather mere, mortal men, who make mistakes every day of their lives...  even though you may not see or understand right away.    Sorry to burst your bubble, guys and gals.  

I repeat:   Death is but a simple "DOOR WAY" leading to everlasting Life... one place, or another, and the Bible tells us the plain truth about such subjects.  Ask me any questions.  If I don't know them,  I kn0w where to find them.  
     And it's not so surprising to find, hear, see older people in Nursing Homes, who don't care if they die.  In fact they WELCOME DEATH !  I can tell you the unvarnished truth of the matter, that when a person gets older, depending on what his life style and Beliefs are/ have been, it's not a big event if they die.   Because they have lived a full, hard, exciting, fulfilling life, and being in their 80's or 90's,  they have many major PAINS from dawn to dusk.   They hurt!  They are suffering!  And if they are Bible smart, well read, Christians,  they KNOW THAT THEY WILL BE IN A FAR, FAR, BETTER WORLD.. WITH THE LORD JESUS CHRIST !!    Actually, I, we,  pity those who don't have such hope, Faith and Trust as we do !  And so, I witnessed, shared the Gospel, and had my KJV Bible out on display [as I had lots of time to read and study... memorize the Scriptures and meditate on them in my private room, with NO Air Conditioning, and NO shower, at Pinecrest Nursing Home, in Powers, MI.  
     I was VERY, VERY GLAD TO GET THE HECK OUT OF THAT PLACE !!   I just might make one more trip out there to fulfill a promise to a Vet buddy, named Leon, to give him a new DEFINED KJV Bible, like I promised.   I night also write him a letter, or two, also.   I prayed long and hard while there for God to lead me to someone with whom I could have an intelligent conversation to help my supreme boredom.    Again,  Please visit your loved one more often if they are in such a circumstance.   The "open mouth, starring into space is somewhat contagious, as I felt my self having a hard time smiling while there.   And the food was a little bit lower than what we young soldiers had to eat while in Vietnam, or the old, nasty left over "C-Rations" we had, left over from the Korean War !!  Give me a break!!   I've seen stray dogs puke over such "food !"   I did only lose about 35 pounds, mainly  because I always drank plenty of ice water to hydrate my kidneys, etc.   But I always had a dry mouth while there.   I don't eat much anymore after I did a "controlled Fast" and shrunk my stomach a little bit.    I will soon join the old Health Club, and you WILL hear about that.

Please pray for my Pastor, Kevin Sullivan, who is worried about his elderly parents near Virginia, etc., etc.   He works himself ragged taking care of others, and now he needs lots of daily prayers too.   Please also pray for my good friend, and fellow Veteran, George, the Aviator, who is still mending and healing from a fall, with hurtful knees, etc.  Thank you all, very much!

Here is one of my new favorite Scriptures that I am trying hard to memorize:   "Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."   --- John 14: 27.

Warm Regards,
Tom Schuckman






A Mansion Or A New Body?



Q.  In John 14:2 Jesus said he goes to prepare a place for us.  I’ve heard that the “place” prepared may not be a mansion or room but that it may be the new body Jesus prepared.  My question is:  why do we need a place (room; mansion)?  When we get there, there will be no private entertainment such as television, we probably will not have a need to be alone so we won’t need a room for solitude, we won’t need the privacy of using a bathroom because the body will probably consume all of what we eat, and we probably won’t need sleep due to the nature of our glorified bodies. A lot of things we do on earth will not be needed in the New Jerusalem.

A.  I’ve been asked this question a number of times and it always mystifies me because to me a plain sense reading of John 14:2-3 leaves no doubt as to what the Lord was saying.  I understand your question, but what does need have to do with anything?  We are children of the King of the universe, co-regents with His Son. Do a king’s children only have their basic needs met? (Is your earthly home only sufficient for your basic needs?)
On top of that we’ll be living in a place that’s 2/3rds the size of the moon, with streets made of purest gold and decorated with every kid of precious stones (Rev. 21:15-21).
Also you’re making several assumptions about what our next life will be like when the truth is no one knows what we’ll be doing or how we’ll be doing it.
In John 14:2 the Greek word translated “mansions” in the KJV and “rooms” in the NIV literally means a dwelling or abode.  The word translated “place” is an inhabited place. Neither of these words is ever translated “body” even when they are used metaphorically which in this case there is no reason to do.  One of the golden rules of Biblical interpretation tells us;
“When the plain sense of scripture makes common sense, seek no other sense; therefore, take every word at its primary, ordinary, usual, literal meaning unless the facts of the immediate context, studied in the light of related passages and axiomatic and fundamental truths indicate clearly otherwise.”
In short, I believe John 14:2-3 means just what it says.

Print Friendly

**********************************************************************************
*******************************************************************************

Red Heifer. Follow Up



Q.  Is the red heifer’s ashes required to also cleanse the workers who will build the Temple? Meaning, will we have to wait the 2 1/2 years for not only worship services to begin but the actual construction of the Temple to begin as well? If so, that means we must wait another 2 1/2 years for the heifer to reach adulthood, plus the time it will take to build the Temple (appx 1 year?), plus another 3 1/2 years for the anti Christ to defile it, plus another 3 1/2 years for the Lord’s return. That means if this is indeed the pure red heifer that will be used, and if the construction workers must wait 2 1/2 years to be purified by it before beginning construction, that puts the Lord’s second coming at least 10 1/2 years away.  Correct?

A.  In Biblical times people who were unclean could not participate in communal activities, of which visiting the Temple was one.  Also, some Jews will not go on the Temple mount today for fear of accidentally defiling the Holy Place.  Therefore I believe the workers on the new Temple will need to be ceremonially clean.
Finding the ashes of previous red heifers would certainly shorten the timeline you’ve estimated.  As I understand things, they will need to be found to purify the people involved in preparing the current sacrifice. There are three possibilities that Temple Institute officials have suggested.  They could be found as the result of a more intensified search.  Or the location could be revealed to someone supernaturally.  Or the Messiah could identify the location when He arrives.
It has occurred to me that one of the ways the anti-Christ could win over the Jewish officials is to reveal the location of the ashes himself. He is the one who will make the Temple possible and he will also appear to perform miracles. Certainly Satan knows where the ashes are and could tell him.  Also, the temple construction period could overlap with the first half of Daniel’s 70th Week. Therefore it may not take as much time as we think.
But none of this will influence the timing of the rapture, which could literally happen any day now.
Print Friendly

No comments: