Tuesday, April 28, 2015

'Slack-Jawed' Red Necks U.P. here.

Tom's Journal. http://tomschuckmanjournal.blogspot.com/

tschuckman@aol.com




Hi Friends,
     I KNOW that I need to work much harder on my patience [one of the fruits of the Holy Spirit... see:  Ephesians 5: 22],  but today I was so surprised and taken back by the 'hired help' at Sport shop in Iron Mtn., MI.,  [Dunham's Sports ---At  1856 S. Stephenson Ave.  Iron Mountain, MI  49801.   1-906-774-6800. ].   But last year a nice young lady didn't have any trouble getting me a hunting license !!   --Duh....   And she seemed much smarter than the lazy, slow moving, slack jawed men !   ---because the clerk was so ignorant that he refused to grant me a Disabled Veterans' discount [free] fishing and hunting license !!   But then we are pretty far away from educated civilization U.P. here...  lol.   I looked at their over priced guns and pistols too, but could not afford their high prices, so I left without buying anything.    And it seemed like the two dead beat guys didn't want to move their lazy butts to help me out, so I will certainly take my business else where.  
      So, here is the 'trade off' and the pastor helped me see the light a few weeks ago.  U.P. here everything IS laid back, with less stress, pressure, and get-go,  but on the other hand, the Southern Wisconsin area IS a super busy, rat race, sin city, high crime, stressful area, around Milwaukee, Racine and Kenosha, IMHO, and points South, like Chicago.   Pastor thought that the slower life style up here in the U.P. would get me some time to look "inward" and reflect upon my life and figure things out  more so.   It wouldn't be so bad except that my dear wife is usually absent doing her charity work...  helping every little 'stray doggie' --- other people, her friends, and getting involved with all her 'must do' [NOT!!] projects, and she turns her phone off, so I really don't have much contact with her... and I feel kind of lonely and all alone.   So, now that Spring MIGHT BE HERE,  I am just cruising around and checking other places to find and locate other Veterans, etc., who might have something in common with me.   I go to the VAMC often enough to get my wound bandage changed, and then beg for my medicines when they don't come in to service me.. like my doctor.  
     And if my pain level gets too bad, I will just spend time in bed with my left foot elevated.   But now I am fighting my Jury Duty thing, and don't know how I will manage if my doctor doesn't MAKE THE TIME to give me a letter of excuse, for medical reasons.   I get dizzy too often....  and my wife doesn't even come home to cook anymore to feed me at the right times of the day, and I am tired of eating poor quality lunch meat sandwiches all the time too.     May 1st, I intend to re-join the local health club and start pumping iron again to help me lose weight.    I don't eat right and at the right times, so then I get super hungry and than OVER EAT !!   Lately, I have had more trouble just walking  and that is just so discouraging for me and limits me.    But, so glad to have my new truck that is so comfortable and clean.  
     At least I got lots of sun today, and got some of my wood carving stuff together,  but could not find half of my tools because "someone" in the house misplaced them, and I threatened to build a cage and lock them up so I can find them when I need them.  I told my dear  wife so many times that she may use my tools when ever she wants, but to please, PLEASE, return them to my work bench when she is through using them.... duh.

Tom

DNR - Department of Natural Resources Department of Natural Resources
Department of Natural Resources





Resident Veterans with Disabilities

House Bill 5292, signed into law by Gov. Rick Snyder, allows a disabled veteran to obtain any resident hunting or fishing license for which a lottery is not required, free of charge. The veteran will be required to provide proof of eligibility at the time of purchase and carry this proof when using any license obtained under this legislation.
The law defines "disabled veteran" as a resident who either:
  • has been determined by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs to be permanently and totally disabled as a result of military service and entitled to veterans' benefits at the 100-percent rate, for a disability other than blindness; or
  • is rated by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs as individually unemployable.
Licenses will be available at the agents and online at the same time that the regularly priced items go on sale throughout the year. Some licenses become available for sale later in the year depending on the sporting season openers and leftover or over-the-counter quantities

No comments: