Friday, August 21, 2015

The Stock Market Drops like a Rock today.

Tom's Journal. http://tomschuckmanjournal.blogspot.com/

tschuckman@aol.com




Hello Friends !
     This is a very important and special day for me with good and evil things popping up, so please join me in a small mini-celebration of sorts.   It was today,  August 21st,  1967, that I joined the Army, after my Dad hurtful comments that 'I would never be a man, and never be a Soldier !'   I left the farm in S.E. Wisconsin and did something special that would change my life, forever, good and bad !   My status of Disabled Vietnam Veteran: 68-70, does not TOTALLY define whom I am,  but it looks good in my resume...  lol.   I helped get me hired at some key places, so that I could support and raise my family well, in what I considered the "Middle Class American" society.   BTW,  that is the class that believes in hard work, education, smart work and investing, too.   I was age 19 when I enlisted in Milwaukee and took so many tests, and more tests on that Summer day, and got to see Europe and Asia before I was age 20 !!     But I didn't honestly find the Lord until years after I finally got home and settled down.   I had a hard time 're-adjusting' to civilian life, and had a serious case of PTSD,  but didn't realize or understand it back then.... and few "doctors" did either !

But today,  the American Stock Market closed at 530 points, a real kick in the butt ! !  OK, that's not the end of the world...   but we wonder what will happen Sunday night when Asia opens up the next weeks Market again !   Will they crash or dip down father again, or what ?   Folks,  this is one time when I feel that I deserve to take my "touch down strut, and do my little goal line dance !"   I told every body so that a downward spike or big drop in the Market would probably happen this Fall, most likely this September or October !!!   So, one week early still counts !   I don't have a crystal ball,  but this is when most 'bad things' seem to happen;  in the Fall of the Year, historically speaking.   So let me have my brief moment of  GLORY.
   Smile for 2 whole minutes, please...  Ha!     And then, get ready to cry and worry about waiting for the 'other foot to come down...'   Yeah, Folks,  this is only the beginning of worse things to come !   I, too, am having some personal problems, that only God can solve and help me with, and that is why I always covet your prayers.     The pastor told me not to air my dirty laundry,  so that is all I will say on the subject.... and many have it worse than me.    I am still "Saved" and loved by my Creator, Jehovah God, and His only begotten Son, Jesus.  PTL. [Praise the Lord].   Right now I am going to 'seek higher ground' and perhaps face the coming storm by myself.   It's a bit tough when a man is disabled and cannot do so much anymore, and be dependent on others to help him.   That hurts my pride and takes away my dignity... and people view you as you are now:  old, fat, crippled, more inactive.  They will never know where I've been, what I did, or where I am going....   BUT, MONEY TALKS !!   Right now, except for the Lord and the Holy Spirit, my bible knowledge,  money is the only "power" that I have not---  or else I would have been DUMPED and kicked to the curb a long time ago.   

At any rate,  the world WILL finally 'Melt Down' economically, and that is the 'Key" and reason why and how the 'Powers that Be' will offer a solution to the people of the world --- to unite into a One World Government, and a One World Religion.....  and the bible tell us that the People will have little else alternative but to 'TAKE THE MARK !!'   The Rapture fits somewhere in between NOW --- and that time right before the Great Tribulation, dear friends.   Those who feel cocky, and wise, so proud, and full of themselves, will most likely be 'Left Behind.'   God is the Judge,  but really, what we see today, how people walk, talk, conduct themselves, behave, is what they will probably be in another month and year, unless they seize the opportunity NOW, and commit themselves to be on the side of JESUS CHRIST,  confess, turn around, repent and promise to follow Jesus, forever !   Sorry guys,  but it's basically as simple as that...  and you all have heard/ read my posts repeatedly how to do that, and I can only hope that my pained words did some good out there.   Now...  I don't know if people are dumb, stupid or just lazy,  but I seldom get any COMMENTS on this Blog site, one way or the other.   Sometimes my close friend send an email my way, thanking me, or whacking me on the back, 'job well done,' or that they agree with me.    Hey,  it's already a 'Rat Race' out there right now.
       When I left the peaceful, conservative town of Iron Mountain, MI.,  where we don't hardly have any serious crime, and went down to Milwaukee, it was like stepping into a hot, humid, super tense Jungle full of poisonous snakes, and predators !!   Sure they have beautiful stores down there with everything you like and want, good food, and old friends,  but the evil spirits in the air seem to put you on guard and cause your heart to rush and flush, real anxiety.  Like my buddy, Greg, near Chicago,  well, he lives in that sort of Jungle, and is used to it, I guess.   But I could never live down there, right now, when everything is about to bust wide open, with riots, harm, murder and mayhem !   Spare Me !   

It just too dang bad that Satan is busting up so many good Christian families and marriages right now in the world !  It really hurts me!   Sorry.   People who refuse to SIT DOWN AND READ THE BIBLE TOGETHER AND WORK THINGS OUT.  There is NO compromise.... Ha!  Some folks don't even know what that term means!   I have a good computer and many fine, educational books and dictionaries....  so what is the problem ?   It's Wimmins Lib [sic].....  [Sic] means that I really MEANT to misspell that word:  "Women" .... as a joke.   Yes, feminism is having a profound effect on marriage and relationships these day, and more divorce won't help resolve things at all,  unless there is spousal physical harm or threats involved.   Then separation to a safe place MIGHT be the best solution.   But the book of Malachi states that 'divorce is NOT what the Lord wants.  He hates a divorcing !!'    Things can be worked out except that one partner wants to inflict more pain and hurt on the other.   And they ladies don't want to read what the Good Book says about how married couples ought to act and live !   I hate divorce too.   But the Bible says:  "Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers."   Poor judgment on the man's part...  or the woman's part, to choose someone who will NOT obey the bible !!!  you are only asking for trouble if you go with an unbeliever, sorry.    And I ought to know that....  stupid me...  duh.   And all my friends told me what would happen to me if I went to the U.P., and they were right.

Well,  If I pray my head off every night and beg the Lord for some remedy, I know that He will help me, somehow, someway....  although I don't have many resources U.P. here.    The good Lord loves us [Believers], forgives us, and hears our petitions/ prayers.   Better to take my upcoming whipping now and get it over with, rather than suffer by getting 'Left Behind' when the Holy Spirit will be 'with drawn' along with the 'Bride of Christ.'   "When those Saints go marking in !"  

Friends,  we need to also understand  what the term,  "Blood Guilt" means.   It means, among other things... that someone cause the death, or Spiritual Death of another person, either directly, or by failing to share the Truth of the Gospel with him/ her.  We, are actually COMMANDED to share/ preach the Gospel to all we come in contact with, if humanly possible.  Don't say that you are "not qualified" or that's above my pay grade BS/ Baloney, like Obama said !    ALL Christians are supposed to STUDY the bible regularly, to find out and learn all about God's Word, and God's Mind set, and feelings, Character, wishes, desires, Personality, etc !    There are no excuses, what so ever !  So, when people procrastinate, put off, make excuses, are too prideful  and full of themselves, too drunk or high.... shame on them.   So....  just what do they even think they will be doing after they get to heaven.....   Few people even know that,  but real Christians know !   And after the great war of Armageddon,  there will be people living on the "New Earth", and in the "New Heavens,"  etc.  The book of Isaiah talks about those future times.  

OK, that's enough for one night,  and I know that I will sleep well.  Bless all my brothers and sisters.   Please say a prayer for Patty and Tom, with both having to deal with too much pain, injury, and just rough economic times, please.  They live about 1000 miles South of me.   Have a great weekend,  if you didn't lose a lot of money today in the Stock Market fall....  sorry.
     And you SHOULD HAVE invested in Metals.... Silver, monthly, when I suggested it for the past few years....  sorry again.   I am going to check that stuff, now.





---Tommy   Schuckman



The S&P 500 suffered its biggest daily percentage drop in nearly four years on Friday and the Dow confirmed it had entered into correction territory as fears of a China-led global slowdown rattled investors around the world.
A report overnight showed China's manufacturing sector shrank at the fastest pace since 2009, exacerbating worries about the health of its economy and whether the government would take further steps to stem its slowdown.

SEE MORE: Oil sinks to $40, logs longest weekly losing streak in 29 years
The Russell 2000 .RUT index of small-cap stocks also confirmed a move into correction territory, a 10-percent decline from its most recent closing high on June 23.
The S&P slumped 5.8 percent for the week, its biggest weekly percentage decline since September 2011.
"People are using China as the main thing as an excuse for selling," said Keith Bliss, senior vice-president at Cuttone & Co in New York.
""A lot of people know this is way overdone. They are just waiting and they are going to step back in next week."

See more images from the hectic day at the NYSE:

The selloff was broad, with all 10 major S&P sectors in the red. The energy sector was one of the worst performers as U.S. crude oil CLc1 dipped below $40 a barrel for the first time since the 2009 financial crisis. The S&P energy index .SPNY dropped 2.6 percent.
The CBOE Volatility index .VIX, a measure of the premium traders are willing to pay for protection against a drop in the S&P 500, jumped as much as 48.3 percent to 28.38, its highest since October. The index also notched its biggest-ever weekly percentage gain.
Many investors anticipate the U.S. central bank to begin to raise interest rates by the end of the year, although expectations for a September hike were tempered by the minutes from the Federal Reserve's July meeting on Wednesday.
Apple (AAPL.O) fell 4.6 percent to $107.44 as investors continued to fret over its prospects in China, a key market for the iPhone maker. The stock was the biggest drag on the S&P and the Nasdaq.
The Dow Jones industrial average .DJI fell 530.94 points, or 3.12 percent, to 16,459.75, the S&P 500 .SPX lost 64.84 points, or 3.19 percent, to 1,970.89 and the Nasdaq Composite .IXIC dropped 171.45 points, or 3.52 percent, to 4,706.04.
For the week, the Dow dropped 5.8 percent and the Nasdaq tumbled 6.8 percent.
The drag from Apple served to push the technology .SPLRCT sector down 4.2 percent. The consumer staples index .SPLRCS fell 2.6 percent, moving into the red for the year. Eight of the 10 S&P sectors are now in negative territory for the year.
Declining issues outnumbered advancing ones on the NYSE by 2,664 to 440, for a 6.05-to-1 ratio; on the Nasdaq, 2,004 issues fell and 823 advanced, for a 2.43-to-1 ratio favoring decliners.
The benchmark S&P 500 posted no new 52-week highs for the first time since Aug. 8, 2011 after S&P downgraded the U.S. credit rating, while there were 75 new lows; the Nasdaq recorded 13 new highs and 276 new lows.
Volume was heavy, with about 10.36 billion shares traded on U.S. exchanges, well above the 6.85 billion average this month, according to BATS Global Markets.

More from AOL.com:
French official: 2 Americans subdued train gunman
Mistrial declared in police officer's manslaughter trial
Police, migrants clash at Greece-Macedonia border

No comments: