Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Slipped on the Ice, today...

Tom's Journal. http://tomschuckmanjournal.blogspot.com/
tschuckman@aol.com




Good Day to all my Friends and Readers:
     But when you step out the door in the Wintery, icy morning --- you really don't know what will happen that day.....  LOL.    I had an unfortunate accident today when I slipped on the ice and snow as I was trying to get into my own TRUCK,  and fell on my back side, hurt my knees, head, fingers, and elbows !   Dang...  I felt so STUPID, as I yelled for my good wife,  Loretta, to help get me back up...  Ha!   And it took a while,  as I felt angry with myself,  but praising Father God for giving me a good, wife, who helps me so much all the time !   Lori is surly a huge blessing.   THANK You, Lord God and Eternal Father--Yahweh ! 

We will have below zero temperatures all across the weekly nights this week.   That is one of my fears --- falling on or because the slippery ice and snow in the Winter !   And we kind of WISH that the County boys would maintain the slippery roads better,  U.P. here in Northern Michigan, USA.....   duh.   The pace of life, and the general minds of men U.P. here are somewhat slower/ laid back, up here in Northern Michigan,   That's like a "two-edged sword."   It's a great, pure, whole sum, place, to raise your family.   But,  on the other hand,  their diction, speech, English is slower,  besides their I.Q.'s ....  sorry.   But now that I am here,  the good points outweigh the bad, so I think I will stay.   The larger cities South of here are dirty, crime filled, gutters....  to put things mildly.   I am talking about Milwaukee, Racine, Detroit, and Chicago, etc.   I guess that I should not be so picky and judgmental in my old age.   
     And,  as I am age, almost 69 years old, as of,  02-20-49, and hurting, physically,  it also hurts me to see and hear of my good old friends dying....  dropping like flies, so that I feel left alone !   Like I say,  I feel so blessed to have someone to love, protect and support.   It was so hard and terrible to lose my wife,  Sharon, and my only son,  Andy, a few years ago.   And I know that my Mom is in very poor health, too.     Well,   I am not drying in my beer right now.   But I enjoy taking me wife out for a great Cheese Burger and a cold drink at the local family place at the edge of town, like today.
        It just that I must be very couscous in the Winter time, that certain places don't clean their entrances, so that I have slipped in the past and skinned my elbows and hands/ fingers up.    Remember that both of my knees have been replaced a few years ago, too.

Psalm 20: 7,    "Some trust in chariots, and some in horses,  but we will remember the name of the LORD our God."

I LOVE the Psalms and Proverbs,  and I also study them with my wife,  when the strong day light Sun shines through the windows.   A few days ago we had a question about the book of  Jonah.  So we just read the whole book.   Lori never heard of that small book before,  but now she knows it much better.....  a 'fish story.'  

My Email:   tschuckman@aol.com

Warm Regards,
Tommy Schuckman






No comments: