Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Nice letter from Sharon's daughter-in-law from Ohio.





Good Morning,
I'm glad you liked the pics of Jimi. I'll be sure to set several aside for you.
The AWANAs is a mentor/leadership organization, right? Wow, I'm sorry to hear that you had so much drama with it. I know how much enjoyment you got out of helping others. It makes me feel good to serve as well. I would be a very unhappy if I couldn't sing in the choir or help out when needed.
Let's see...I'll catch you up with Jimi. As you know this is his senior year. He had a great varsity soccer season. He was the second highest scorer with 8 goals. He also had 5 assists which gave him the second highest team points. The Team's record was 11-5-2. They played in the Divisional Semi-Finals and was beat by Bexley 1-0 in a golden goal overtime. JA was awesome! Jimi was selected for the All-Star Division 2 team which played at Capital University. He was seen by 38 college coaches. One of which was the coach from Bluffton University, the school he is currently interested in the most. His coach also gave him the "Most Improved" award for the year. He was also selected for the All County distinction. He received a medal and dinner at Der Dutchman and his picture was in the paper....oh that reminds me...I forgot to get a paper!!
The Marching Band season was ok. We played Graham again this year at Graham. The Falcon Band looked great as usual and they almost beat us in the game as well. JA had approx 85 students marching this year. That's the highest it's been in years! Jimi played the Quads this year! He did great considering this was his first year playing them. The coolest two songs of the season were "You Give Love a Bad Name" and "The Devil Went Down to Georgia." On the first song, the band formed a heart and than the heart was split in the middle and broke in two. It was so cool! The second song was cool because of the duel saxophones that played the fiddle part.
Jimi is currently taking Honors Physics and Calculus. He is pulling mostly Bs right now. He's been accepted to Bluffton U, Defiance College and is also applying to Bowling Green State. He wants to study Chemistry at the moment. He has a girl friend but isn't serious. And for his "sr project," a class that JA makes all seniors take, he made an electric guitar. It was mostly from a kit, but he custom painted it and has learned to tune and play a little.
Well, I had better go for now. Let me know how Deuce is doing!
Love,
Tammy

When I say..."I am a Christian," I'm not shouting "I'm clean livin'." I'm whispering 'I was lost and now I'm found and forgiven." Adapted from Carol Wimmer's When I say, "I'm a Christian"






Every parent and grand parent hopes that their offspring succeed in life and climbs up the ladder toa better life than we had. Somebody did something right in raising those two boys--Sharon's 2 grandsons! Woo Hoo! We will take the good news when we get it!

Tom

No comments: