Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Important Message from Carolyn.

Tom's Journal.
http://tomschuckmanjournal.blogspot.com/
tschuckman@aol.com

Important message from my friend, Carolyn, in Florida:

I urge you, if you haven't already, to contact your State Congressmen RIGHT NOW to tell them to vote NO on the cap and trade bill coming on Friday. All this media party blitz about health care and other stuff is just to take people's attention away from the dangerous bill to be passed on Friday! We can NOT let this pass! If it does, we can expect higher home electric bills, and for my friends in the north, that means winter will be brutal for you! As well as gas prices sky rocketing! I know most folks are not able to afford any more expenses right now~
Here's what I wrote to Florida Congressman Mack a few minutes ago. Please either e mail, call or both, all your reps tomorrow!!
Dear Congressman Mack, I am writing this e mail a little late, as the proposal to vote on Friday, 2 says from now, for the passage of H.R. 2454, American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009 was only today brought to many of our attentions.
I hope sir, that you will vote NO on this bill, and please urge fellow congress members to vote No as well.
There has been much lately in our government which has passed items which have and will continue to effect my family. Sir, you know well how badly some of Florida's jobs have taken a beating, particularly in the construction industry. My husband has worked hard in many areas of construction his whole life, taking after his father who helped build projects such as the Franklin Locks and many of the bridges on Alligator Alley. My husband has been out of work since January.
I have been a stay at home, home schooling mom with our son, so we have not had an income for 6 months now, and for much of last year we were at about 3/4 to 1/2 of his income.
I am not complaining, as I know such things happen, and thankfully, we saved much of what he earned during the "boom" years, living a very simple life. Some of our savings had to replace things we lost during Charlie, Wilma and a forest fire which came through our road 2 years ago, but still by the Grace of God, we have been able to overcome many of the changes.
I am very concerned, however, with the chance that this fraudulent bill will pass if no one speaks up before it is introduced. Mr. Mack, I am afraid the passage of this bill will be the final thing that buries our family. We do not use a lot of electricity, in fact, we don't have air conditioning, and I line dry our clothes. Our main power is used for this computer and our household appliances. My car has been downsized, but still is expensive to fill up, as even 30 dollars a pop is a lot to us right now. If this so called cap and trade bill passes, I will no longer be able to afford to drive often, and as we live out in the country, this is a hard thing to face. I have family members who depend on my being able to drive. My husband may hopefully find a job soon, but if gas prices go up (and they will with this bill) he will not be able to afford to go to work. If our electric bill goes up (and it will with this bill) well, it will be back to the pioneer days for us.
Sir, I am sorry this is so long, and I am sure you get many similar stories, but I just wanted to share a little of our own life. I need people to understand what kind of damage such a bill would do, not only to my family, but millions of other hard working and elderly folks.
Please sir, vote NO this Friday.
God Bless you and thank you so much for your time.
Sincerely,
Carolyn


“Jesus does not say, ‘Come to me, all you who have learned how to concentrate in prayer, whose minds no longer wander, and I will give you rest.’ No, Jesus opens his arms to his needy children and says, ‘Come to me, all who are weary and heaven-laden, and I will give you rest.’

The criteria for coming to Jesus is messiness. Come overwhelmed with life. Come with your wandering mind. Come messy.”


—Paul Miller, A Praying Life






Huge Savings on

No comments: