Friday, March 18, 2011

Renew my Mind.

Tom's Journal. http://tomschuckmanjournal.blogspot.com/ tschuckman@aol.com

I feel that I have been blessed and forgiven many times, especially after I found the Lord  in 1995, but that was just the beginning of taking in more knowledge and then ACTING on it.  The subject:  "HOW DO I RENEW MY MIND" helped me understand just how ingrained our 'old personality' was, and some of us still fight courageously every day to turn away from temptations and thoughts that lead us to sin again.  For some folks, drinking abusively, drugging, smoking, obsessive eating disorders, chasing wild women, etc., are a real nightmare and major obstacle to peace of mind and harmony with Christ's teachings. 

It's my personal opinion, for what it's worth, that some folks eat to live-- and others live to eat... lol.  Some folks figure that after they 'gave up somethings that they really loved and enjoyed', like smoking and drinking wine to excess, they OUGHT TO HAVE AT LEAST ONE 'COMFORT GIVING VICE...'  I know that I have GOT TO GET A HANDLE on my eating habits and portion control.  Hey!  I fasted for 13 days after my knee surgery on Dec. 6th last year and lost 50 pounds, but that's not the answer either!  I think I gained it all back and now have trouble clipping my toes nails again!  I am so angry with myself.
When I worked hard every day on the assembly line at Chrysler Motors in Kenosha, WI., or on various welding jobs when I was laid off, I could manage my weight pretty well, and people knew me as a good power lifter [as I worked out with weights] with power and  strength/ muscles.  What a difference there is after a few accidents/ injuries, and radical surgery and retirement in 2002.  I was a very active guy, and I sorely miss all that now.  I love veggie gardening too.  I guess I am asking for some help and advice, but right now I am limited in what I can physically do.

I have even been contemplating selling my house and moving into a decent apartment in a good area back by Lake Michigan in WI... but the  house selling market is not so good right now, and I see the economy of the world getting worse.  On the other hand, I personally think that the world events and the Rapture might come at any time-- according to the " Heavenly Father's wishes and time table."  I strongly value and respect the wise council of my studied Christian friends, and will ask their opinions and thoughts on this matter.

Warm Christian Love and Regards,
Tom 
Posted:
Q. I understand that it is God’s Will that I be sanctified. And I understand from Romans 12:1-2 that I am transformed by renewing my mind. How do I renew my mind so all the Spiritual Gifts in my spirit can be released ? I understand that until I do this, my mind remains with [...]

No comments: