If we accept Jesus as Savior, can we then sin all we want ...
If we accept Jesus as Savior, can we then sin all we want? ... How shall we who died to sin still live in it?" ... "For by grace you have been saved through faith; ...
On 911 two fighter jets scrambled from Andrews Air Force Base. Their mission was to take down FLT 93 that was thought to be headed to the Capitol. Due to the pending emergency they did not have time to arm their aircraft. Without weapons, their only way to complete the mission was to crash into the airliner. They formalized their plan of attack in route. Lt Heather Penny’s role in the mission was to take out the tail section. Col.George Degnon was to head for the cockpit. Neither computed that they could eject prior to the crash. Lt. Penny’s father was an American Airlines pilot who flew the northeast corridor. She had no idea where he was that day or even if he was flying the aircraft they were about to take out of the air. Prior to reaching the target, they received word that FLT 93 had crashed in PA. They were given a secondary mission to patrol the skies over Washington and prepare to take any aircraft down. Final mission of the day was to escort Air Force 1 back to Washington. Neither Lt. Penny nor Col Degnon have sought any publicity or recognition for their heroism. They were only two service members answering the call to duty and accepting their orders as given without hesitation. Just two great Americans who were willing to lay their life on the line for the “Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave”. Sadly, on Sunday’s we elevate to hero status million- dollar football players who can’t stand for the National Anthem.
Hello my fine feathered Friends,
As most of you know, I have been interested in Healing Herbs for most of my life and devoted many hours to research of Herbs to help me stay away from the so-called, 'Medical Doctors' who really know NOTHING About Herbs !!
Fennel is one herb that I use frequently, because it settles an upset stomach and sweetens the breath. Also when a Veteran must take many VA Meds., that are harsh and burn holes in the stomach, Fennel, helps to cushion and block the harsh Medicines. But as I learned, Fennel has many other serious value. Educate yourselves, because you just don't know when the "trucks will stop coming," and you can learn to treat yourself, if 'medical doctors' are not around to help.
Fennel has been used as a medicinal and culinary herb since the times of the ancient Greeks. In medieval Europe fennel was thought to ward off evil spirits on Midsummers Eve. Fennel is an herb native to southern Europe and Asia Minor. It is cultivated there, and in the US, Great Britain, and temperate areas of Eurasia.Fennel seeds brew up...Fennel Tea has been used as a medicinal and culinary herb since the times of the ancient Greeks. For those who have trouble with poor digestion, gas and bloating, a simple cup of fennel tea after a heavy meal can be the simplest and most effective remedy. Fennel reduces bad breath, belching, and acts as an antibacterial in the mouth.
[Read: Fennel Health Benefits]
Fennel Tea Health BenefitsHere is a list of fennel tea benefits.
1. Gastrointestinal IssuesOne of the most common applications of fennel is to treat heartburn. Drinking a single cup of tea or chewing fennel seeds when you start feeling the symptoms of indigestion can ease the pain and burning.
2. Women’s HealthFennel’s volatile oils have mild estrogen-like qualities, so they are used extensively in Chinese medicine to treat hormonal problems. Fennel is also used to boost libido and to stimulate the production and flow of milk in lactating women. It is sometimes used to treat amenorrhea.
One of greatest health benefits of fennel tea is its ability to stimulate the production of estrogen, hence relieving symptoms of PMS, menstrual cramps or menopausal symptoms. Due to the presence of anethole, the main component of fennel oil, fennel tea has been used for years, especially by midwives and herbalists, as a tonic to protect the female reproductive system.
3. Improves Digestive HealthFennel is often touted as an antispasmodic, so it can help relax the digestive tract and ease cramps and gas and to treat irritable bowel syndrome. The essential oil of fennel contains estrogen, which inhibits muscles spasms, allowing you to digest more easily. It even relieves hiccups. Its aromatic and carminative properties are an excellent ally to treat flatulence, diarrhea, bloating or stomach cramps, which are also symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.
4. Kills Internal ParasitesFennel tea reduces acid levels in both your stomach and rids the intestines of worms and bacteria.
5. Aids ColicFennel herbal tea is good and safe for children, as it relaxes the intestinal tract which may help when your baby is suffering from colic.
6. Cleanses BloodFennel herbal tea increases healthy urine flow and protects your liver from alcohol damage and treats diseases such as jaundice. This blood cleanser may also improve kidney function and prevent kidney stones.
7. Weight LossFennel tea helps reduce water retention, making it one of the best weight loss teas for you. It boosts your metabolism, allowing you to burn fat faster, reduces cellulite and regulates your appetite.
8. Relieves ArthritisBy cleansing your body with this healthy tea, you improve also the health of your tissues and joints, thus relieving arthritic pain and gout.
9. Immune System BoostTo feel healthy you need a strong immune system to help you fight bacteria and viruses. A fennel infusion helps to prevent the onset of cold symptoms. This wonderful tea helps to reduce fevers, relieve sore throats and treat most upper respiratory tract illnesses, namely asthma, bronchitis, cough and it clears up congestion and excess phlegm.
10. Healthy EyesSometimes after a bad night’s sleep, you may wake up with swollen and sore eyes. Prepare a cup of fennel tea, soak a cotton ball in it and place it over your eye lids of 10 minutes. It’s quite refreshing and it will not only reduce puffiness, but it also treats eye infections like conjunctivitis.
11. Hormonal BalanceA healthy liver leads to proper hormonal balance which in turn is the key to relieve a number of symptoms that affect you on a daily basis.
12. Stronger HeartFennel tea is a wonderful source of vitamins and antioxidants that can help you to maintain a healthy heart. Antioxidants and vitamins and the cleansing action mentioned above all work to help you lower your bad cholesterol levels and thus reducing the chances of you suffering from hypertension.
13. Respiratory ProblemsFennel tea is often recommended to treat respiratory issues from simple colds to asthma. It can also help with upper respiratory tract infections because of its antimicrobial properties. Fennel can also be used to treat problems such as angina and high blood pressure.
14.Gum HealthGargling fennel tea can relieve inflamed gums and treat bad breath.
15. Mother’s HealthExpecting moms, this tea may help with morning sickness and treat sore nipples and infections. You can dip a cloth in the tea mixture and apply it to the sore area three times a day. Although more studies are required, nursing moms can take this tea, with the approval of their doctors, to increase the flow of milk. However, don’t take more than 2 to 4 cups daily.
How To Make Fennel Tea
- Start by gently crushing approximately one teaspoon of fennel seeds in a mortar and pestle. This will release the flavor, oils and the most divine aroma.
- Scoop the seeds out with a teaspoon and place into a tea ball or strainer and pour one cup of boiling water over them.
- Allow the seeds to steep in the boiling water for seven to ten minutes.
- Remove the tea ball/strainer and top up with a little more hot water.
Using Fresh Leaves
- Snip or pull the fresh, fine green leaves off the bulb and rinse well.
- Pour a cup of boiling water.
- Add the leaves and allow to steep for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove leaves and top up with a little more hot water
Using The Bulb
- Clean the bulb really well.
- Chop into smaller pieces.
- Add to a tea strainer.
- Pour boiling water over the top and steep for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove strainer and top up with a little more hot water.
Side Effects of Fennel Seed TeaIf you are allergic to carrots or celery, remember that fennel comes from the same botanical family, so it is likely that fennel tea may cause an allergic reaction. Be aware of such symptoms as itching, hives or swelling of the skin. If this happens, stop taking this herbal tea and contact your doctor.
If you are taking medication, talk to your doctor first, as fennel tea may interact with the medication you are taking and enhance the effects to more than you desire. If you are prone to blood clots, drink this tea in moderation.
People who are estrogen-dependent cancer must avoid this tea as well. However, it is said that it may be useful to sooth stomach cramps and vomit after chemotherapy or radiation treatments for cancer.
It is best that while you are expecting a baby not to drink too much fennel herbal tea, as may become toxic and travel through the placenta and harm the development