Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Listen to Dr. Charles F Stanley.

Tom's Journal. http://tomschuckmanjournal.blogspot.com/

tschuckman@aol.com

Friends and Readers,
   Many years ago, maybe 20 or so, when I was down and out, searching for the real Truth after being skinned by a religious cult for 22 years after I got home from the war in South East Asia -- Vietnam in 1970, a dear friend of mine, Robert Bohnen, a fellow combat Vet who did 3-- years in-country.. in Nam as a Captain-- Green Beret, handed me an audiotape of Charles F, Stanley, about being "Born Again."   I think I still have that same tape in my safe.  Anyway, I thought to myself that it sounded "too simple" to be Saved by only praying a simple prayer and then following Christ according to the scriptures.  But it's true.  And so I want to pass on a few nice videos via my humble blog today.  It's a lot more that I had to start out with so many years ago and I hope that it will hit you in the heart and mind the same way it did me.  

It seems to me that most people honestly "feel" something really great, but not necessarily emotional when it happens, but that feeling is so good, and wonderful if we really follow through and look up the Scriptures cited by Dr. Stanley, especially Ephesians chapter 2: 8-9, and also Romans 10: 9., etc.  I tell people that the best way to start learning is to read the Gospel accounts plus the book of Romans to lay down a firm, solid base, and continue from there.  Of course it's great to read the entire Bible.   But as we are really living in the 'Last Days' of this wicked system of Satan when the Lord COULD come back at any moment in time, I think, personally, IMHO, that we ought to study the parts that are most important to us NOW, in the New Testament -- the Greek Scriptures.  AS I tell and instruct my dear wife, Lori, the FIRST bible prophecy is found at Genesis 3: 15 has not even seen it's total fulfilment!   Be that as it may, 'why polish the brass on a sinking ship?'  You all can do what you think is best, but that is how I would work things if you are new with the Bible, dear friends.   

As I have said and posted here on this humble blog so many times, the main things is that we do get started and stop putting things off even one more day!  Do you like to gamble, play dangerously or procrastinate?  My days of taking chances and acting foolish are over!  My time, resources and health are important to me and I know that I may die sooner than later.  I can feel my heart sputtering out with strange, menacing problems and I know that heart attacks and strokes run in my family.  My dad died at the age of 74 and I am age 71 now, but I quit smoking in 1972, and also quit drinking not too long ago, but I need to lose weight now!  Still, too many deaths have happened in my family just recently to those who were much younger, sorry to say.  I am not the proud, cocky, young soldier at age 21 anymore, and feel every year of my age.  It seems like I never really have a great, healthy, fun day anymore, especially in our cold Winters where we live.  
    But it does give me joy to continue my work, my passion of sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  It would also be nice to get a few comments from some of you.

Warm Regards,
Tom Schuckman


  • The First Step: Salvation – Dr. Charles Stanley
    YouTube
  • How to recieve God's Salvation - by Dr Charles Stanley
    YouTube
  • The Wages of Sin - Daily Devotion
    YouTube
  • Differing Convictions - Daily Devo

No comments: