Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Message from my Friend, Robb -- Rapture of the Church.

Tom's Journal.
http://tomschuckmanjournal.blogspot.com/
tschuckman@aol.com

NTERESTINGBITOFHISTORY.pps



Tom -
I thought this and several others I'll be sending are something good and interesting for you to go over and review. I received these daily devotionals from Ron Auch the pastor at PrayerHouse Assembly every day.
I hope they help enrich you're life as well.
Robb

--- On Sun, 1/18/09, Ron Auch <revauch@prayerhouseag.org> wrote:
From: Ron Auch <revauch@prayerhouseag.org>
Subject: Fw: Prayer & Medication for January19, 2009
To: "Ron Adam" <revauch@prayerhouseag.org>
Date: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 11:23 PM


Prayer & Medication for January19, 2009
We had a great weekend of ministry. We had our first Covenant Prayer meeting of the year. After our service (SNS) many of our people stayed for another hour of prayer. Covenant Prayer is open to the community and we had a number of people show up at 7:00pm for prayer. We had some excellent prayer times this weekend. My message is attached.

Devotional:

Rapture of the Church

When I began to announce that I would be doing a series of messages on the Rapture of the Church, I didn’t realize how many people were interested in the subject. I do need to explain a couple of things before we get deep into the teaching. My purpose is to look strictly at the subject of the rapture. For our purposes here I want to explain the primary purpose for the rapture, and it’s not just so that we can avoid some pending judgment on earth. It’s much deeper than that.

I want to present a theory about the rapture that I believe will explain why there are so many different opinions about when the rapture will take place. Let me also say, at the outset, that the different opinions about the rapture have very little to do with a man’s salvation. Subsequently, even if we differ – it doesn’t make a lot of difference. And I even expect some of you to have differing views and that’s OK. We are still brothers and sisters in Christ.

I have resurrected a very old theological perspective on this subject called the Partial Rapture theory. The partial rapture theory was what most of our founding fathers believed. PC Nelson, ES Williams all believed and preached the partial rapture theory. The partial rapture theory says this; there are several different raptures spoken of in the scriptures but the first rapture, which is the pre-tribulation rapture is the primary one and is only for the overcoming Christian. I believe very much in the Assemblies of God’s position of the Pre-trib rapture. However, I also understand where the mid-trib and post-trib theories come from also. And I believe each one of them explain their positions well. Which presents us with our first dilemma. How could they all be correct and provable through the scriptures? The answer is simple. They all are correct to a degree. What I mean by, correct to a degree, is that I do not believe the Bible teaches that there is only one rapture of the church.

Let’s try not to develop our theology on what we assume God’s word says. Also, let’s not develop our theology on things we may have heard all our lives. Let’s develop our theology on what God’s word actually says. There is very little need for conjecture concerning the return of Christ if you just take the word at face value it speaks very clearly.

Many people think that going in the rapture is inclusive with salvation. What I mean by that is this; many people believe that if you are a saved person you will automatically go in the rapture. I do not believe that. I do not believe that the scriptures teach that anywhere. That is why I said earlier that we need to develop our theology on what the Bible actually says rather than on what we think it should say or even on what we have heard all our lives, unless of course, what you have heard is biblically based. There are far more indications that not all Christians will go in the rapture of the church than anything else. In fact I don’t see any reference to everyone going. We only have conjecture on that. Continued tomorrow


Medication: A Merry Heart
Strange Laws Around The World

Check out these nutty laws from across the U.S.A. and around the globe!

* In Alabama, prison guards are forbidden from referring to their spouses as "the old ball 'n' chain."

* In Los Angeles, it's illegal for a waiter to tell a customer "I'm really an actor."

* In Indiana, it's against the law to dress "Barbie" in "Ken's" clothes.

* In Sedona, Ariz., it's illegal to lie about your astrological sign.

* In Texas, it's illegal to threaten somebody with an UNLOADED gun.

* In Samoa, it's a crime to forget your wife's birthday.

* In Australia, it's illegal to name any animal you plan to eat.

* In Cannes, France, it's illegal to wear a Jerry Lewis mask.

* In New Jersey, answering a traffic cop who asks "Do you know why I pulled you over?" by saying, "If you don't know, I'm not going to tell you" is an automatic $300 fine.

* In Kentucky, it's illegal to paint your lawn red.

* In Portugal, it's against the law to pee in the ocean.

* In Connecticut, night watchmen are forbidden from drinking decaf coffee while working.

* In Vermont, it's illegal to pick your nose and stick the pickings under a table.

* In Tennessee, it's illegal to tell someone to quit smoking.

* In Oregon, donut holes must be at least an 1/8th inch in diameter.

* In Italy, anyone considered "obese" is forbidden from wearing polyester.

* It's illegal to tear a phone book in half in Montana.

* Anyone caught selling a "smoothie" that has lumps is breaking the law in California.

* In Arkansas, it's illegal for a woman getting married for the second time to wear a white wedding gown.

* In Pennsylvania, it's against the law to put a dollar on a string on the ground and yank it when someone tries to pick it up.

* In New York City, it's illegal for a restaurant to call it a "corned beef sandwich" if it's made with white bread and mayonnaise.

1 comment:

Janie said...

I find it strange that a lot of minister do not teach or preach much on Rev. I guess it is because it is yet to come. I feel like the time is near. I do not dwell on it other than to know that when the time is here ... that we have to be strong in our faith. Baptist churches believe that you can believe 4 different ways of the end of time; which ever way a person wants to believe. I feel like we will still be here since the saints and Apostles were not raptured. Jesus had a physical death. I hope there is a rapture but feel I must be prepared if there isn't. Hope you have a blessed week with lots of blessings, Janie