Monday, February 22, 2010

Noah Dictionary-- GOLD MINE.

Tom's Journal.
http://tomschuckmanjournal.blogspot.com/
tschuckman@aol.com

Wow! The answer to my prayers for many years! It's not a "bible Dictionary" per say, but at least I will be able to look up and understand what the translators of the KJV are saying -- using that older English language. All languages 'change' and take on different meaning through the years. Take the examples of words like: 'Gay', Cool, tough, fierce, etc, etc. Thank you, Lord!


Ah yes! I Just went through the same thing. I just bought an 1828 Noah Dictionary and it has definitions of the old, archaic 1610-11, Shakespearean English used in the KJV Bible. It really is helping me as I read the KJV as I also am needing to get up to speed!

Webster's American Dictionary of the English Language, 1828 Edition


ISBN: 091249803X
ISBN-13: 9780912498034

http://www.christianbook.com/websters-american-dictionary-language-1828-edition/noah-webster/9780912498034/pd/9803X?item_code=WW&netp_id=161056&event=ESRCN&view=details

I know it is a little expensive, but it is worth every penny and seems very well made also!

Your friend,

Kevin


On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 8:38 AM, Thomas G. Schuckman <tschuckman@aol.com> wrote:
Hi Kevin,
I just ordered 3 more KJV bibles from: christianbooks.com last night, and |I have to wait for payday to think about more books...
:-\.
I need your help and advice, please. I sometimes need help in understanding archaic KJV words... and remember that this beautiful, poetic Bible was written in Shakespear's time, about 1610-11. Is there ANY book that can help me glean the proper meaning of the old words to bring me up to speed?? Example: the term 'shambles' in old English meant 'meat market.' I have learned bits and pieces through the years with use, but just think about all the new and younger people who want to study the bible but are handicapped by their ignorance of the old English terms.

I have snagged some great deals at the web site: christianbooks.com
And you pay for what you get.

Your friend,
Tom Schuckman
:-)

Tom Schuckman

"So have I now become your enemy for telling you the truth?

~Galatians 4:16


Heaven is my Home.
"Himmel ist mein Heim." ~German
"El cielo es mi casa" ~ Spanish

http://tomschuckmanjournal.blogspot.com/
tschuckman@aol.com


-----Original Message-----
From: The Chronicle Watch <chroniclewatch@gmail.com>
To: Thomas G. Schuckman <tschuckman@aol.com>
Sent: Mon, Feb 22, 2010 12:12 am
Subject: Re: [TOM'S JOURNAL.] Discussion of newer Bible translations and revisions.

Tom,

If you want to buy amazing KJV for taking notes in check out these. I just bought one and will buy a few more.

Note Takers Bible
http://lcbplansing.org/Bibles/Executive.htm
http://lcbplansing.or

1 comment:

madison said...

Thanks for posting this. I have been looking around for a Bible dictionary for some time now, I'll have to check into this one. I have one downloaded on my ipod and use that for now. I buy from christianbook all the time.